Important Safety/Installation Instructions
Read These Instructions before attempting to assemble, install, or operate the Tap-Gate System.
- Each Tap-Gate system is designed to be installed in an area with a solid soil-type only. Failure to do so could result in shifting of the concrete foundation causing the Tap-Gate System to malfunction.
- It is strongly recommended that the concrete foundation be installed the way it is stated in the installation manual. Failure to do so could result in the foundation being shifted over-time causing the Tap-Gate system to malfunction.
- The standard Tap-Gate system is designed for use with PASSENGER VEHICLES ONLY. All semi-trucks, vehicles with trailers, and farm/ranch traffic must open the gate manually and latch it open until the traffic is completely through the gate.
- Ramming the Tap-Gate system WILL cause damage to both the vehicle and the Tap-Gate System.
- Neglecting to operate the release mechanism prior to entry WILL cause damage to both the vehicle and the Tap-Gate System.
- Neglecting to proceed through the gate within 3 seconds of the mechanical release being activated WILL cause damage to both the vehicle and the Tap-Gate System.
- If the gate does not begin to open once the mechanical release has been activated and the vehicle has contacted the roller STOP the vehicle immediately and back up.
- Proceeding through the gate at excessive speeds (over 10mph) WILL cause damage to both the vehicle and the Tap-Gate system.
- All bystanders must keep a safe distance (20 ft.) away from the Tap-Gate system while it is being used until the gate has opened and shut completely. Failure to do so could result in serious injury.
- Keep all hands and fingers away from the main post where the cam and follower is located while the gate being used. Failure to do so could result in serious injury.
- Climbing or playing on the Tap-Gate system by children or any other person could result in serious injury or damage to the system.